Red beans and also barley treat is a popular Chinese treat (” flavor sui” or “tong sui” in Chinese) which generally contain red beans, barley, sugar and also milk. This treat can be offered warm or cool. Although it is fairly simple to prepare, it will certainly spend some time for it to steam till soft.
- 1/2 mug sugar
- 1 mug red beans (taken in cool water over night)
- 1 panda nus fallen leave/ skrewpine fallen leave (connection right into a knot)
- 1/4 mug barley
- 2 mugs water
- 4 mugs milk
1. Include 2 mugs of water, 1 mug of red beans, 1/4 mug of barley and also 1 pandanus fallen leave in a pot. Bring them to a boil. You might wish to saturate the red bean and also barley over night if you desire it to be chef( soften) quicker.
2. Minimize warm to simmer. Prepare up until the mix of red beans and also barley hurt for concerning 2 hrs.
3. Include 2 mugs of milk and also 1/2 mug of sugar right into the pot. Mix well up until the sugar liquifies. You eliminate the warm from the pot and also leave it to cool off for around 10 mins.
4. You might offer it warm or cool relying on your choices. If you like to offer it cool, leave it to cool off for one more 15 mins and afterwards placed it in the fridge. The extra 15 mins cooling down time is needed to ensure that the warm does not ruin various other things saved in the fridge.
Change white sugar with brownish sugar. It will certainly taste much better.
If you are unable to discover pandanus fallen leave, you might change it with dried out orange peel. This completely dry orange peel is conveniently located in any kind of Chinese herbal/medicine stores.
If you do not such as milk or lactose intolerant, simply change it with simple water.
For even more food preparation pointers, dishes and also images of the treat, see the writer’s Eastern dish blog site